Friday, August 22, 2008

Show and Tell Friday

When I was a kid, I loved the movie Annie. I first saw it in theatres, then watched it a zillion times at home. I knew all the songs and could practically recite the script word-for-word.


This is the Annie dress Mama made for me. I also had Annie socks, black patent-leather shoes, and an Annie lunch box.


These last 2 pictures are of my Annie heart-shaped necklace charm - just like Annie wore in the movie! The front side is more detailed than these blurry pictures show (my camera stinks!). Then on the backside of the charm, beneath where the "missing" piece goes it says I LOVE YOU.


Thanks for looking at my Show and Tell this week.

Please visit Kelli's blog to read more entries or to post your own!

11 comments:

mrsb said...

I LOVED Annie when I was little. I took my daughter last fall to see Annie at the state theater and it was just amazing!

Thanks for sharing!

Kellie said...

I loved Annie too!! I love your goodies!

A Hint of Home said...

The sun will come out tommorrow! Cute, cute dress.

Anonymous said...

My daughter was little when Annie came out. She loved her! Her grandmother made her a 4 foot Annie doll with the red dress and black shoes. She is 28 now and a 1st grade teacher. She has her Annie doll in the classroom and when a little girl starts to feel sad because she wants her Mommy she gets to hold Annie in a rocking chair til she feels better! It works!
Kathy in Illinois

Carla said...

How neat! And how sweet of your mom to make it all special for you. Mom's rock!

Penless Thoughts said...

How very adorable and how sweet of your Mom.
Susan

GrumpyAngel said...

It's hard not to love Annie. How awesome that you ahve all these Annie stuff.

Kathy said...

Oh, how cute. It's nice nice your mom put all that together for you -so cute!
Kathy

Me said...

You are lucky to have had a Mom who would make you a costume like that. How fun!!

ceekay said...

Very cute that your mom made the dress. Is there a picture of you in it???

Tracy said...

Hi CeeKay - I'll have to look through my pictures to see if I have a picture of me wearing the dress. If I have one, I'll post it. :)