Monday, August 25, 2008

Rainy Monday


Yesterday was relatively calm weather-wise. It was windy but warm, and as far as rain was concerned, we only had the occasional sprinkle. Now we are getting Fay's heavier rains and are under Flood/Tornado watches all day. Forecasters say we will begin to dry out on Wednesday.

It seemed I spent most of yesterday in the kitchen either cooking or doing dishes. I made pancakes for breakfast. Then I prepared the foods for the fairy party. We had roast beef sandwiches for dinner out of the roast I put in the crock pot that morning.

I did manage to squeeze in a nap, sit outside a bit and enjoy the warm gusty winds and watch the clouds blow by, watch a little tv, listen to music, and continue my current read - "Practical Magic" by Alice Hoffman. I set the girls up with a craft and that kept then happily occupied for several hours.

It was a cozy, comfortable kind of day.

4 comments:

Lady Laurie said...

All this rain is getting on my nerves!
I love pot roast, my Mom would make hers in the oven and it would be nice and tender. I have to use my crockpot or it would be dried out and tough!

Sacred Suzie said...

Fay is amazing and crazy wet! Oh I made fairy cupcakes for my niece's birthday party, a bit hit. I think crockpot roast beef is wonderful! I make it all the time, yummy.

joan said...

Hi Tracy,

We need some rain around here. It has not rained in weeks but it is cooler out today. Have a great week.

mrsb said...

Sounds like a perfect day!