Sunday, August 03, 2008

Ordinary Days


Woke up and enjoyed the morning with Alfred.

Checked my email.

Took Kendall to work.

Came home and kissed Alfred good-bye before he went riding on his motorcycle.
I always tell him to be careful and today he was waiting for me to say it.
::smile::

Came in. Washed dishes and started laundry.
Changed the cat litter boxes. Swept the kitchen. Vacuumed floors.

Now, finally, I can work on my cross-stitch!

I have had this particular cross-stitch project for 2 years. It has four lovely pictures depicting the seasons. I had only completed Spring and was almost done with Summer when I put it away last year. A few days ago, I pulled it out again and begin to work on it. Summer is now complete and I've moved on to Autumn.

I learned how to do the Lazy Daisy and French Knot stitches.

Dinner was Taco Salad, which really hit the spot. Alfred helped Kenzie register her BarbieGirl, then helped Kendall hook up his wireless adapter for his computer.

I continued to cross-stitch.
Until time for bed.

Thus is one day in my life.

An ordinary day.

2 comments:

Lady Laurie said...

ah, but life is made up of these simple ordinary days. I have always loved this quote from "Anne of Avonlea" ~
"I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."

Isn't that perfect!?

Sandcastle Momma said...

What a joy to have such a blessed day! I love it when I can focus on home and family. There's no better feeling!