Saturday, August 09, 2008

Library Books: What We're Reading


For Kendall:
Save Me From Myself: How I found God, Quit Korn, Kicked Drugs, and Lived to Tell My Story by Brian "Head" Welch

For Kayla:
Enchantment of the World: Denmark by Martin Hintz
Nancy Drew - The Secret of the Golden Pavilion by Carolyn Keene

For Kenzie:
Johnny Appleseed: My Story by David L. Harrison
The Many Lives of Benjamin Franklin by Aliki
Tikki Tikki Tembo retold by Arlene Mosel
Farmer Will by Jane Cowen-Fletcher
I Already Know I Love You by Billy Crystal
Love is a Family by Roma Downey
Aunt Claire's Yellow Beehive Hair by Deborah Blumenthal

Beautiful illustrations are important to me. I like books that are well-written, interesting, and have wonderful descriptions. If it's boring - we're not reading it. I like to choose a hilarious book or two - not every book has to be purely educational!

Reading together or on our own should be a joy. Books can broaden our horizons, take us to distant lands, answer our questions, stir up our imaginations, and so much more. Books are treasured friends.

What is YOUR favorite book and why?

No comments: