Friday, August 29, 2008

Just Chatter


(Art by Joan Perrin-Falquet)

I was doing better with the panic attacks, but am feeling quite ill today. I think it's due to the stress of wondering where Gustav will go and knowing Alfred will likely be activated to help with the aftermath. His National Guard unit was put on alert last night.

It is a well known fact amongst my family that I have the strangest dreams. Last night I dreamed that my house was cluttered with folded clothes piled at least knee high and they were packed in so much that you could walk across the clothing piles. Very strange!

Anyway, today I will be working around the house - trying to get things spic and span. If we get bad weather & lose electricity I want my house to be as clean as it can be. I can't imagine anything worse than sitting and thinking of all the things that need to be done, like looking at a floor that needs vacuuming or a pile of dirty laundry. So I'll be preparing my nest before the storm.

I have to take Kendall to work, so I'm signing off for now...

3 comments:

Sandcastle Momma said...

I always do the same thing - always a really good cleaning before a hurricane. I don't like looking at the mess with no power and if we evacuate I really don't want to come home to it.

Are you going farther inland if the track comes more your way?

Gustav isn't coming here! Say that 10 times each day with me LOL

Tracy said...

Nope, not going further inland. We'll be staying here in town either with my sister who lives in a concrete house or with a neighbor & her friend in a brick house.

Gustav is not coming here!
Gustav is not coming here!
Gustav is not coming here!
Gustav is not coming here!
Gustav is not coming here!
Gustav is not coming here!
Gustav is not coming here!
Gustav is not coming here!
Gustav is not coming here!
Gustav is not coming here!

:)

Sacred Suzie said...

It must be because the new moon is in Virgo because I sense people's anxieties are very heightened right now. My temper is out of control, I must cool down and let go.

Your anxieties are totally justified, these hurricanes and storms are really overwhelming. It's the first time I have lived in a place potentially affected, I really hope that Gustav stays far away from you so you can get back to feeling grounded and safe soon my friend.