Tuesday, August 19, 2008

.::Bliss::.


(photo: Allposters)

Kenzie had been asking for pancakes for breakfast, but I am not typically a make-a-homemade-breakfast kind of girl. I'm not a morning person. But today, pancakes I made - plus extra! Enough for Alfred and the kids to have pancakes tomorrow. Kenzie was thrilled to finally have her coveted pancakes. Sometimes it is the simplest things that make their little hearts happy.

I plan to bake brownies for dessert and we're having a pot of homemade chicken and dumplings for dinner.

For the next two days, I have no where I have to go which is sheer bliss! Our time will be spent cooking, baking, puttering, cross-stitching, learning, listening to music, reading, riding scooters, conversation, laughter, and whatever else we can find delight in.

3 comments:

Sandcastle Momma said...

Those look SO good! I'm not a morning person either so I normally make breakfast for dinner once a week. That makes everyone happy and I enjoy cooking it because it's late afternoon and not morning LOL The kids call it "bupper" which is breakfast for supper LOL

joan said...

That looks wonderful Tracy! I'm trying really hard to lose a few pounds so everything every time I look at food I want it. LOL Love your new banner and look. You must love the sea and beach as much as I do.

Sacred Suzie said...

Sounds like the perfect day to me and what a great way to start it with pancakes. I make them all the time. I always add cinnamon and blueberries, I know, weird combo but it works.

I'm glad you had some time at home and are really happy!

Maybe we should be happy we don't fit into the norm Tracy? I sense an awakening in you as well, didn't want to forget that!

Have you seen the movie or read the book Practical Magic? I think you would like it.