Friday, July 11, 2008

A Short Recovery


I had a short rest and recovery period, but I am feeling much better. Thank you for all the kind words! Wednesday I slept in late - 9:30am! I must have really needed the rest as I am usually up by 6:30am at the very latest. I took it easy the rest of the day and only did the absolute essentials in homemaking.

Yesterday there was grocery shopping to do. I discovered CVS has the cheapest milk prices that I've found at $3.89 per gallon verses $4.49 for the grocery store brand. Every little bit helps when you're trying to stay within a budget.

I also reorganized my pantry so I can see exactly what I have now and did a load of laundry. Alfred and I did yard work after dinner, then I had to cut his hair and help him pack his gear. He leaves early tomorrow for 2 weeks of summer camp with the Army National Guard.

This morning I doubled a recipe I had for homemade chocolate chip muffins. It yielded 30 muffins. We will have those for breakfast over the next day or two. They are much cheaper than buying cold cereal...taste better, too.

Another thing I did was mix up some of the dry non-fat powdered milk that I had in my pantry to use in my cooking and baking. It will help to make the regular milk go further which is a help since milk is so expensive these days.

So that is about all that's been going on in my little corner of the world lately...

2 comments:

Bimbimbie said...

Hello Tracy ... that's one job I've been putting off - sorting out my pantry next wet day perhaps *!*

Sacred Suzie said...

I'm glad you're feeling a bit better now Tracy. I think the heat is getting to you and me. I know it's frying my brains a bit and draining me.

Using powdered milk can help with baking! I do find it expensive too though but I already have some so...

The price of milk is crazy! Soy milk is going up too which is what I use. Between me and my husband, the amount of money we spend on these types of milk is crazy.