Sunday, July 13, 2008

Cooking and Cleaning


A roast with carrots simmered in the crock pot all day yesterday and it was served with a loaf of homemade bread, rice, and brown gravy made from the roast. The delicious aromas of home-cooking wafted through the air making me hungry. I also baked a batch of oatmeal chocolate chip cookies for the kids to snack on.

I spent the afternoon rearranging the master bedroom. There was much sorting and clearing to do. The master bedroom often becomes the catch-all for things that have no home. Mama is bringing me home boxes so I can load them up with donations for charity.

I simply have too much stuff! It is time for me to clear away the excess to allow myself and our home breathing space.

1 comment:

Lady Laurie said...

I love using the crock pot, especially in the summer. If I bake I try to get it done early in the morning. This morning was actually pleasant, not the usual sauna outside!