Saturday, July 12, 2008

2 Weeks Feels Like Forever...


Alfred left early this morning for his 2 week summer camp. It feels like forever. We hate to be apart. We both asked each other if we'll be missed.

Alfred says he can't sleep well if he's not with me and even when he goes to work he misses me - that is why he calls me several times throughout the day. But he knows at the end of the day he'll come home to me and it makes his day easier.

How romantic is that?

He is a man of few words. Don't get me wrong - the man can talk. I once sent him to store for milk and an hour later he returned. He had run into someone he knew and was chatting away. But when it comes to mushy "feelings" talks - well, that does not come easy for him.

Every once in a while he will open up and show me a glimmer of what is in heart and I blown way with wonder at how much this man loves and adores me. I am not always the easiest person in the world to live with. My heart overflows with love, joy, and gratitude for the life we now have together, for it wasn't always so....

No comments: