Monday, June 02, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook - June 2nd


FOR TODAY

Outside my Window...it is hot and sunny. Temperature is at least 100 degrees!

I am thinking...that Alfred will soon be home & that I've missed him while he was away.

I am thankful for...air conditioning and stocking up the pantry bit by bit each week.

From the kitchen...BBQ ribs, homemade macaroni & cheese, and black eye peas for dinner.

I am creating...pockets of time to rest during the heat of the day.

I am going...to enjoy my time visiting with my Mama this week.

I am wearing...denim shorts, a pink tank top, my hair pulled up in a clip, and bare feet.

I am reading...Re-Creations by Grace Livingston Hill

I am hoping...for a good night's sleep tonight.

I am hearing...the news on tv and music drifting from Kendall's room.

Around the house...I am enjoying my newly painted living room/kitchen/hall. :)

One of my favorite things...looking in on my children while they sleep like angels.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...visit with family, regular homemaking, grocery-shopping, cross-stitching, and weeding flower beds early before it gets too hot!

Here is a picture thought I am sharing for you...
Please visit Peggy's blog to read more Daybooks or create your own...

4 comments:

Laura B. said...

Do you read Simple Abundances?! I got this book a couple of months ago and just love it.

I am interested in simplifying my life, too. I may be stopping by your blog again!

By the way, I learned of your blog from Sacred Suzie's. -

Happy Summer!

Paula said...

Dear Tracy,
I enjoyed your Simple Woman's Daybook entry!
Have a lovely day,
Paula

Sandcastle Momma said...

It seems so peaceful there. I love to cross-stitch as well and now that's it's getting too hot to go outside in the middle of the day I'll probably get a lot more of it done.

Lady Laurie said...

Oh I bet you are so happy to have the painting done ~ I love the blue of your kitchen!

Hope you are having a lovely day! :)