Friday, June 27, 2008

Rainy Days


The rain has returned with thunder and lightning. Afternoon thunderstorms are a part of summer time in the south. I don't mind it so much - except when I have to drive in it. It provides free water for my flowers in the garden and a brief cooling relief from the unbearable heat.

I've spent the day puttering about the house. There was laundry to catch up on - as always. There was the putting away of things left about by others, wiping down counters, dusting, sorting, filing, decluttering. Taking care of the odds and ends of housekeeping.

It feels good to take care of the little things that tend to get neglected when life gets a bit too busy. I love to organize our belongings, our home, and our life that we've built together. It is satisfying work.

1 comment:

Sacred Suzie said...

It's so true that rainy days are a great time to get to the little details that need to be focused on. I had a friend come this week for a visit and that got my butt moving, cleaning up the house. It feels so much better now! I got to all the little things that needed my attention