Saturday, May 24, 2008

Busy As a Bee


I have finally painted the ceiling in the living room and hall. All that is left to do is the kitchen ceiling - which I'll be working on today - then I can start painting walls. I've been working like mad the past few days trying to get this done - hopefully before my Mama comes down to visit. I have 6 days to get it done.

Alfred installed a ceiling fan with a light kit in the living room yesterday. It really does help keep the room cooler with the air circulating! Eventually all of the bedrooms will have a fan. I also have new light fixtures to be installed in the kitchen once the ceiling is done.

I've got a few new tools, too. A laser level, which will come in handy when I get ready to rehang my pictures, and a palm sander. I'll be able to use both of these on future projects.

Yesterday we watched Thomas (the wild orange cat) almost catch a squirrel! Oh he was so close! He ran after the squirrel, caught him and they both went rolling head over heels, and then the squirrel got loose and ran up a tree to safety. Lucky squirrel...

This morning I saw a baby mockingbird for the first time. Mama and Daddy mockingbird stay close by - so I won't attempt to get a picture. You can hear him squawking to be fed as he tries to keep his balance. He is cute and fat. :)

We have no big plans for Memorial Day here. Alfred is working today and on Monday. I'll be busy anyway working on the house, but I wish you all a safe and happy Memorial Day weekend!

Be Blessed!

5 comments:

Sandcastle Momma said...

I know you must be glad to be almost finished with those ceilings. Just imagine how wonderful it will feel when you're all done.
Hope ya'll have a good weekend and try not to work too hard!

Sacred Suzie said...

Oh that squirrels must have a few lives to get away from that wild cat!

I think ceilings fans are awesome. It drove me crazy that in every episode of Trading Spaces they take them down. They can make so much of a difference during the summer.

A mockingbird?! I don't know if I even know what they look like, isn't that funny.

Susan in SC said...

Good for you in almost finishing all the painting. I love baby birds!

Heather said...

I hope you'll post before and after pictures to show off all your hard work!

Mrs. Staggs said...

Hi Tracy,

It sounds like you've been really busy. I bet everything looks so nice, and you're mom will enjoy her visit.

I've enjoyed seeing the birds you've posted. Some are new to me. We do have house finches. I love the song that they sing. I've never seen a mockingbird before!

All the best to you!