Sunday, April 06, 2008

Soothing Sunday

The house is quiet except for the ticking of the computer keys as I write to you. Occasionally I can hear the girls in their room playing Barbies as they listen to the radio. They sing along when a song they like comes on. It's so sweet to listen to.

The air is cooler here this morning (63 degrees) and the skies are dreary. We had a thunderstorm come through yesterday that was followed by a cold front. Some areas received 8+ inches of rain. I don't think we got quite that much, but we did get a good bit.

Alfred took the dog out early this morning and heard an alligator in the creek! We've heard there are alligators in the creek behind our home, but no one has ever seen them - which is a good thing. It's now mating season for the alligators, so I am hoping to hear the mating call for myself soon. You can hear a clip of an alligator's call here.

Gracie and Clover are finally getting along like normal and I am so relieved! It only took nearly 2 weeks for Clover to adjust. We have weird animals. {{grin}}

I just finished a wonderful book called Death by Darjeeling by Laura Childs. It is a tea shop mystery series with delightful characters and cozy details. The author also has a scrapbook mystery series. I have put several on hold at the library.

Well, that's about all that's going on here today. I'm going to putter around the house and do some baking. Hope you have a soothing Sunday!

3 comments:

Sacred Suzie said...

Those alligator sounds are insane! That would freak me out knowing they're out there but then I lived on a mountain with bears so there ya go.

I'm glad there is peace in the animal kingdom again!

Lady Laurie said...

I am scared to death of alligators ~ we had one in a harbor park close to where we live for the longest time. When it was finally captured in was over 6ft long. Yikes!!
I love Laura Child's tea mysteries ~ I have not read any of the scrapbook series yet.

Glad to hear your pets are getting along again ~

Hope you had a lovely Sunday!

joan said...

Hope you are having a good week. I'm not a fan of alligators. LOL And I hope your sweetie had a good birthday.