Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Painting and Stuff


I've spent the past 3 hours painting. I have about 2 walls left (the walls are at odd angles) to primer before we're ready to paint, which will hopefully be soon!

It sure has heated up here over the past few days. The high is around 85 but it feels much hotter. I hate to see what it will be like in August/September! With the heat it's best to limit outdoor activities to the early morning or evening hours.

Last night after Alfred got home, we all stayed outside shooting hoops. I'm not a sporty person in the least, but it was fun to get out there with the family. Those are the kinds of things memories are made of!

My morning glories now have a tall vine growing from the top that wasn't there Saturday when I photographed them! The sunflowers are looking taller, too. I love watching the plants progress. I should have started a gardening journal, but didn't think about it at the time.

Well, I better close for now and get some things done around the house. We have plans to play basketball again this evening. Stay cool! :)

1 comment:

Sandcastle Momma said...

That painting is hard work! I have to paint my living room and dining room but have been putting it off. It won't be long before I bite the bullet and get started.

We love to spend the evenings outside. My husband and I have made sunset our official time together and we sit and watch the sunset and the kids play before going inside and getting on with the evening tasks. That has become my favorite time of day. We made a rule that we only talk about pleasant things - not money or his business or anything stressful and it's really nice. And it's not too hot then either LOL