Thursday, April 10, 2008

On the Home Front


Yesterday I ended up working in the garden most of the day. I got all of my plants in the ground finally, then my neighbor gave my a bunch of plants - so I went ahead and planted those, too.

We're supposed to get lots of rain over the next 2 days which will be good for my plants and will save on the water bill, too. It is quite windy today, yet warm. One of my favorite things is when the sky is heavy with dark clouds, as the sun shines illuminating the trees. The greenery becomes so vivid by the contrast. It is a beautiful sight.

Today, my focus will be on my home. I'll tackle the master bedroom and bath, like I had planned to do yesterday. I also need to run to the market as we're running low on a few supplies. There is always lots to do on the home front, but there is no where else I'd rather be.

2 comments:

Sacred Suzie said...

What a beautiful post, as always. I'm so happy you love your home and garden. Our sunny sky has gone quite dark, there's a storm on the way. Good day for me to work on jewellery.

Lady Laurie said...

So true, there is no better place than home.
I am glad you have some nice neighbors we have some wonderful neighbors now but have not been so lucky in the past!!
Oh the cookies look yummy!!