Friday, April 25, 2008

Newest Garden Additions

Red Impatiens

Dwarf Marigolds

Salvia

I spent most of the day working out in the yard. I had to get my plants in the ground and spread the mulch. Kenzie was my helper. She wanted to stay out there and help Mama, so together we worked. Once that was done, we washed my car and cooled off in the water. Kayla came out to join in on the fun. :)

I decided to move my bird bath and the angel statue out to the front yard. I plan to move my bird feeder out front. The squirrels are devouring the bird seed in 2 days every single time I put it out! I'm hoping by moving it the squirrels will stay away (I doubt it), but it's worth a shot.

There is a little farm up the road that has a sign out saying Eggs for Sale. I stopped by there yesterday, but no one answered. I'll try again today. The girls were a little afraid of the chicken wandering around pecking and scratching the ground, but I told them it was the roosters they needed to be wary of. I was spurred by a rooster as a young child because I didn't listen to my Mama!

Today, I will be cleaning house and doing the grocery shopping for the week. I'll probably start painting again tomorrow. Hope you have a lovely day...

6 comments:

Sacred Suzie said...

What lovely treasures are growing in your garden! I love that you can buy fresh eggs like that. I bet they will be wonderful. It's gotten cool and wet here. My garden isn't doing much of anything, just some green leaves poking out but that's it.

Sandcastle Momma said...

Your yard is going to be beautiful! I'm scared of roosters myself LOL Those spurs are painful!

Sandcastle Momma said...

I knew you were in AL but I had no idea that we're practically neighbors!

Sandcastle Momma said...

I haven't been over there in a long time and was amazed at how much it's grown. It's a big city now isn't it? It used to be a blink between the Interstate and Gulf Shores.

Susan in SC said...

These flowers will only get more beautiful as they mature! I am envious that you already have baby tomatoes on your plants! Susan in SC

Ann said...

Impatients are one of my favorite flowers to plant. They are pretty easy to take care of too! Happy gardening!