Friday, April 18, 2008

Home Things


From the oven, I just pulled out a pineapple upside down cake. It smells heavenly and I hope it turns out well, as it one of Alfred's favorites! This is my first time to try baking this cake.

I am still busy painting walls. It is slow-going because I have been the only one working on it, but it's coming along nicely. Even though it's only primer at the point, it is really brightening things up.

I have been spending a little more time outdoors as well. So much so that I am now sunburned, much to my dismay! With all the work I've been doing on the house, come nightfall I am ready to go to bed and I fall asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow!

So all is well here. Do not fret. I have just been busier than normal.

Wishing you a wonderful weekend!

3 comments:

Sacred Suzie said...

I am glad to hear that you're doing great, outside in the sun (although sunburns are never pleasant) as well as baking. Were you happy with your upside down pineapple cake? I've never made one but it sounds delish.

Lady Laurie said...

I'm so glad to hear all is well...I know after looking at the mud for awhile primer really does make a difference. Don't work too hard ~ and remember to wear sunscreen!!

homespun living said...

Mmmm, that cake looks delicious and reminds me of the ones my Mom used to make.
I am painting a room also, slowly, one wall at a time ~ can't wait to get it done. Hope your project goes well!

Debbie