Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Gardening, Homemaking, and Nature


Today I will be working in my garden - weeding my flower bed and spreading mulch. I still haven't planted my caladiums and creeping red sedum, so I need to try to get that done today.

The wisteria is growing and now has green leaves. My morning glories are doing very well....it seems each day they are even bigger than the day before. The same goes for my sunflowers!

I can't wait until everything get big enough and begins to bloom!

Indoors, I will bake oatmeal chocolate chip cookies for my family to snack on. My bedroom & bathroom will be the focus of my cleaning for today, along with any laundry that needs to be done.

Last week, I had put out new suet in the basket. A day or two later it was gone! The whole basket, the suet, everything vanished. We figure it was either a squirrel or a raccoon that was responsible for the theft. {{smile}}

The poor birds were looking for that suet, too. I'll have to try to replace it soon. The mockingbirds often chase away the woodpeckers to try to keep them from eating the suet. And the squirrels try to keep other squirrels and the birds from eating the cracked corn I set out for them. They sit in the bowl and stuff their little faces....and bellies!

Animals are funny little creatures.

1 comment:

Maria said...

Hi, Tracy.
Could you write down this recipe? I mean oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. They seem very good.
Thank you. 1kiss.