Monday, March 17, 2008

St. Patrick's Day


We had beautiful weather this weekend and spent most of yesterday outside working out in the yard. I got Alfred to dig holes to plant my tomato plants, hibiscus, wisteria, butterfly bush, and palm trees. I also planted leococoryne bulbs and morning glory seeds with Kayla's help.

Kenzie helped her dad wash the cars. We also burned a pile of brush before the winds picked up, refilled the bird bath, watered flowers, and cleaned the yard up. Alfred and I worked together to make dinner. He cooked the steaks and I did all the veggies. It was so good!

Earlier in the day Alfred worked on polishing his motorcycle and then we went for a ride. I'm still so nervous on the turns! Granted it was only my second time riding. I hope I can get used to it and stop worrying!!

Today, I was up at 5:30am. I made Alfred's coffee and we watched the news and talked before he left for work. Then it was time for me to do my cardio, shower, start the laundry, sweep, tidy the living room, and water my plants.

My aunt came out to visit and brought me more farm fresh eggs and gifts for the girls. Afterwards I had to drive Kendall to work and here I am with the rest of the day before me... There is homeschool to do, more laundry, tidying, decluttering, meals to prepare, and weight training, too. So I best get to it. ::smile::

Wishing you all a Happy St. Patrick's Day! Be sure to wear green to avoid being pinched!

2 comments:

joan said...

Happy St. Patricks Day to you also! Okay will you please send me some of your energy? LOL I really need to get myself in gear and start working out more. The weather is just not cooperating though since I like to walk outdoors. Have a good week.

Tracy said...

I could use more energy myself, Joan! There is always so much to do and so little time to get it all done. I try to move fast & furious in the morning to get as much done before I tire out. :)