Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Recent Pictures

This is a plaque I made over the weekend with a stencil.

I found this adorable garden figurine at the dollar store for less than $3. I love the blue birds and roses!

This is Gracie before her hair cut. Isn't she pretty? She is a Chow/Golden Retriever/German Shepherd mix and we've had her 3 years next month. We adopted her from a local shelter. That's Kenzie in the background. She took her out on the leash to go potty.


This is Gracie after. Doesn't even look like the same dog!

The vet assistant said she is overweight (she weighs 86 pounds) so we have to cut back on her food portions and get her to exercise more. She's still a little drowsy this morning....they had to give her an extra dose of sedative, but we are glad she is back home with us. I worry over her like a mother hen. She's Mama's baby!

Clover, one of our cats, keeps hissing and growling at Gracie. I am guessing it is because she doesn't look like Gracie, nor does she smell like Gracie. She probably smells the vet's office and Clover does not like going there! Hopefully, she will soon realize it is the same dog and the hostility will cease.

5 comments:

Sacred Suzie said...

Awww...what a beautiful dog! With or without the hair, she's lovely. That's so funny the cat doesn't recognize her. I'm sure she will in time. What a beautiful family you have!

Lady Laurie said...

Gracie is a beautiful dog with long hair or short hair! We had to have our cat shaved last week due to allergies, and our other cat kept hissing at her as well like she didn't reconginze her.
I love going to dollar stores, you never know what kind of goodies you will find!

Lady Laurie said...

I think Gracie looks beautiful with long or short hair! We had to have our cat shaved last week due to allergies and our other cat kept hissing at her for about two days, I think you are right about the way they smell that they don't recognize!

joan said...

Your dog is so cute. We had a Golden years ago and she was so sweet. I love the name Gracie. That's funny about your kitty.

Lady Laurie said...

Sorry about the double post ~ I thought the first one didn't take!!