Sunday, March 09, 2008

Priorities


Alfred is working on the shed, trying to get it finished, and I am looking around my house frustrated over the never-ending chaos. I have so much going on and it's a struggle for me to find balance.

There is homemaking, homeschooling, exercise, planning and preparing healthy meals, home improvements, and yard and garden projects all vying for my attention. I only have so many hours in each day. So what's a girl to do?

Prioritize.

Wednesday will be my homemaking day. I'll give the house a good cleaning, prepare my healthy meal menu for the week, along with my shopping list and matching coupons.

Weekdays will be the time for exercise and homeschooling. The house will also need the basics done: dishes, laundry, sweep/vacuum main living area.

Weekends will be for home improvements and yard/garden projects - weather permitting. Some things I'll need Alfred's help on if I don't know how to do something or I just need brute strength.

I am hoping that this will help me to stay focused and accomplish more, rather than feeling pulled in a million directions and discouraged because I can't do it all in one day.

After all, I am not Super Woman.

3 comments:

Amy said...

I know just what you mean. It seems I get my house clean and tidy then the next day it's back to the same state *sigh*

miss*R said...

I have routine but just remember... be gentle with yourself.. sometimes, we push ourselves and for what?

Lady Laurie said...

When you are in the midst of home improvements it just seems to make life even more chaotic. Just take a deep breath and tell yourself "this too shall pass."