Sunday, March 30, 2008

In the Garden

I spent the early morning hours walking around the garden areas of the yard checking on my plants and flowers. It is a wonderful thing to watch the bulbs and seeds you planted grow into things of beauty.

(Creeping Red Sedum)
There are more trees blooming in vibrant shades of green. I think that is one thing I love about Spring....after Winter the colors seem so vivid and bright! I enjoy being out in the sunshine and fresh air, listening to the birds, catching glimpses of woodland creatures as I putter around the garden.
(Cupid's Dart)
This afternoon, I will be planting more flowers from seeds. Sunflowers. Verbena. Cupid's Dart. There is also the Creeping Red Sedum to plant. It is a ground cover with dark green leaves and beautiful red flowers. And lastly, I have to plant Caldiums from bulbs.

(Caladiums)

I have no gardening experience. I am learning as I go. I decided I wanted flowers and I shall have them - tons of them!

No comments: