Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Good Things

I saw the most amazing thing earlier today. Two deer (both females) were trotting along on the other side of the creek bank! I have been hoping to see deer ever since we moved here last June and it has finally happened - and in broad daylight!

Alfred finally sold his '97 Trans Am for $5,000! It shall not be squandered. We already have plans to distribute this extra windfall - home supplies & improvements, debt, and savings. He was willing to let it go for $3,500 before and I vetoed, knowing that if we could hold out someone would come along willing to pay our asking price. I so love being right! ::big grin::

The flowers I ordered from Michigan Bulb Co. came in today! I am going to plant them this weekend. It is chilly and windy here today. Which reminds me.....

We had a pretty strong storm blow through here last night with horrible winds. We have a dead tree in the center of the front yard that we were just trying to figure out how to cut it down so it wouldn't hit our house, the neighbor's fence or the power lines.

Well, the top half of the tree was blown down - crashing into a million pieces during the night. Thankfully it didn't hit anything - which is a miracle because two cars were parked beside the tree! Now we'll be able to cut it down without worrying about damaging anything. 'Tis a blessing indeed!

I finally (finally!!) got to see Miss Potter starring Renee Zellweger today. It was the most delightful movie! I loved Beatrix's english accent and find myself talking to the children and pets in the same manner. I can be so silly. I loved the closing scene (the picture above doesn't do it justice) of the English countryside. Simply beautiful.

Well, I've rattled on for far too long. 'Til next time....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tracy,

I just wanted to say hi and tell you how I much I enjoy your posts. :)

We had deer go by the back fence last week - they are breathtaking, aren't they?

Have a blessed day ~
Dawn (www.dawnathome.typepad.com)

Donna said...

I loved Miss Potter...and am so glad you came through the storm, unharmed!! Have a happy day!

Blue House on the Hill said...

I got a chance to see Miss Potter about two weeks ago and loved it too! I will definitely want to see that one again!

Anonymous said...

Great picture....