Friday, March 28, 2008

Friday Happenings


The high today is going to reach 80 degrees! It won't be much longer before we'll be able to spend a day at the beach....we just have to wait for the water temperature to warm up a bit.

The azaleas are in full bloom here, along with wisteria. I love the scent of wisteria and their lovely lavender color. I planted one in my yard a few weeks ago and can't wait until it's big enough to bloom.

My sister is supposed to come over to visit today so I need to get my housework out of the way early this morning, which shouldn't take too long. I have my to do list written out to keep me focused.

I was becoming so discouraged with our home. I'm tired of working on the walls. I'm tired of looking at bare, ugly walls. It just does not inspire me to clean and pretty things up because, well....it's ugly! But Alfred has decided to help me this weekend (ahhh, my hope is renewed!). We won't get it all done, but at least we'll make some progress.

And to think that's only one of many projects...

3 comments:

Lady Laurie said...

I love the smell of wisteria!
Don't become discouraged Tracy, it took us 2 1/2 years and we still aren't done. Just keep plugging along, it will be so pretty when its done!!

Karla said...

So glad you'll have some help! Maybe you need to take a bit of break today while it's 80 degrees! Get your mind off and out of those ugly bare walls!

Jacquie said...

Love the look of your blog...seaside inspires and calms me like no other place on earth.

Have fun with your weekend of work...wow 80 degrees sounds like heaven!