Monday, February 11, 2008

Weekend at Home


We had an uneventful weekend. I spent the weekend at home working on walls, cooking and baking, cleaning, decluttering, and caulking the bath tub in the master bath with the windows open wide listening to the girls play basketball and giggle incessantly.

I have been seeing a marsh rabbit in the yard quite often lately. Yesterday he was out there three different times. It is funny how Gracie, our dog, watches quietly from the window - like we do - when she sees a wild animal in the yard.

Kayla had a loose tooth that was barely hanging on, but was quite painful. Alfred told her he would pull it out on the count of 10. Well he pulled it out at nine instead quickly and painlessly. She wasn't expecting that, but was glad to have the tooth out.

We watched Sixteen Candles on Saturday night with Molly Ringwald. I watched that movie a million times as a teen with my Mama and sisters. It was one of our favorite teen movies. Last night we watched the movie Joshua. I had stumbled upon this movie on tv one day and liked it so much I bought the DVD.

All in all, it was a good weekend at home. I love to be home working on projects and taking care of my family. It is satisfying to my soul.

4 comments:

Donna said...

Sounds like you got a lot done!! Home and family...no better combination!! hugs to you sweetie!

Lady Laurie said...

I always liked Sixteen Candles, but my favorite Molly Ringwald movie in Pretty in Pink (wonder why??)
I love staying at home too!!

joan said...

Sounds like a great weekend! You get more accomplished is one weekend then I do in a month. I like the story about the tooth, good job of getting it out. Have a good week Tracy.

Amy said...

yay I love 16 candles! It's one of my favourite movies :-)