Monday, February 04, 2008

This and That


I am over the moon with joy this morning because I no longer have to drag our washing to the laundromat as I've done for the past seven months. Instead, I have the luxury of doing them at home.

Alfred also replaced the leaky bath tub faucet in our bathroom which will save us money and electricity in the long run. The faucet was dripping hot water which in turn kept the water heater going. I am thankful Alfred is so handy with home repairs and improvements!

We went to Walmart yesterday afternoon and picked up a few supplies for our project. We also chose a few paint colors for our rooms. The living room and kitchen will be a bright white called Awaken by Dutch Boy paint. I chose Rumbling Rapids (a medium blue-gray) for the laundry room, pantry, Kendall's room, and our exterior shutters.

The girls room will be a deep pink called Heart's Memory. And the master bedroom and bath will be Fluffy Pink - very soft and muted. I'm considering going all white in the main bathroom.

Last night I reconnected with one of my best friends from high school. Donna was down from Louisiana visiting her family this weekend. Her mom lives right down the road from me. So we got together for the first time in years. She hasn't changed a bit!

This morning I opened the windows to let the fresh air blow through the house. It is warm once again. The high today is 75 degrees, thus the reason for the tropical picture I used for this post. ::smile::

2 comments:

Amy said...

I can't imagine not doing my washing at home, it seems like a big inconvenience doing it anywhere else. We're also painting the interior of our house, we've chosen 1/4 spanish white and it looks awesome :-)

Donna said...

The colors sound really pretty! and it's warm here, as well...73degrees..Enjoy the day!