Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Storms are Brewing


We're under a severe thunderstorm warning with the possibility of tornadoes. As I look out of the window, the sky is an eery shade of yellow. The trees are dancing and swaying in the wind.

I have always had nightmares of tornadoes. The tornado never gets to me, but I see it barreling across a field (usually) headed in my direction. I find weather phenomena both fascinating and frightening.

I haven't dreamed or tornadoes in quite some time now. I believe a lot of those dreams reflected what was going on in my life at the time. Thankfully that time has passed.

Right now all is quiet. It is the calm before the storm. Mother Nature is a force to be reckoned with. She will not be contained or controlled.

*Updated to add: The storm lost intensity as it arrived in my neck of the woods. The skies have now cleared. All is well.

3 comments:

Donna said...

Thank Heavens you're alright!!! I was really praying!!! Stay safe sweetie!!

bella said...

there is nothing quite like watching a storm come in.
it is one of my favorite things of living in the midwest.

Ann said...

Glad you're safe. We had heavy rain but that was all tonight. My son was close to all the tornadoes in TN but thankfully was okay. We were on the phone several times last night with him. He just wanted to let us know he was okay. We had just gone to bed and he called for the last time about 1:30 am our time. There is an hour time difference. I slept better knowing he was okay. Have a great evening!