Saturday, February 02, 2008

Six More Weeks?


According to Punxsutawney Phil, there shall be six more weeks of Winter. But I am more partial to watching for the Robins to appear - which they have - as a sign that Spring is not to far away. And if you think about it, six more weeks would put us at the middle of March and Spring will be here anyway!

This morning I watched four geese fly by as I looked out upon the creek behind our house. I saw a fat bunny who dared to come out from along the wood line to nibble on grass and leafy weeds. I also saw two doves in a nest. It was noisy outdoors this morning with the birds singing and squirrels frolicking amongst the trees.

This weekend, we'll be tackling home repairs - a leaky bathtub faucet, run a new drain for my washing machine, and installing a new dryer vent. I am also hoping to get the kitchen ceiling scraped and start mudding. I am feeling a bit better today. Thank you for the get well wishes and prayers. ::smile::

4 comments:

Donna said...

The picture IS beautiful! Even though I don' like the cold, I DO admire its beauty. Glad you're feeling better sweetheart!

bella said...

i had forgotten it was groundhog day.
it reminded me of being in college in PA and driving to Punxotane, which if I remember correctly was mostly an excuse for drinking in the morning. :)
Six more weeks or maybe more, either way I'm happy spring is coming and I say welcome to each and every sign.

Amy said...

It's always nice waiting for winter to thaw out, it's my favourite season here but I"ll have to wait until June/July for it to arrive :-)

Peaceful Valley said...

Glad you are feeling better. I bought some Puff's tissue with Vick Vaporub. Opens my nose when I blow. Whew! Susan in SC