Monday, February 25, 2008

Monkey Grass


We spent of our time outdoors yesterday working in the yard. Alfred weed-eated and mowed, then used a blower to remove the grass clippings from the driveway. In the afternoon, I worked on digging up monkey (mondo) grass so I could divide it and move it to a new area.

As my hands turned over the fertile dark soil, my mind quieted. My breathing slowed as I worked and focused on the task at hand. No one bothers you when you are gardening, for fear they will be put to work so I was left alone to garden in solitude.

The weather is supposed to be nice today - sunny with a high of 72 degrees. After we're finished with our indoor duties and lessons, we will head outdoors to enjoy the fresh air and sunshine.

2 comments:

Donna said...

Enjoy!! I'm stuck at work!!!lol

Bimbimbie said...

It's nice to drift away when working in the garden - not such a chore when that happens *!*