Saturday, February 16, 2008

Homemaking and Nature


All of my grand plans for homemaking were not to be realized yesterday. I developed a headache which was on the verge of a migraine and kept it nearly all day. I took a short nap hoping it would be gone afterwards, but woke up feeling worse. So today I'll tackle all that didn't get done yesterday.

My aunt came out to visit and brought me a cute navy blue jacket and some farm fresh eggs. I have never had eggs like that and I'm told they taste different than store-bought eggs. I just paid $1.99 for a dozen large eggs, so I'm happy to take extra eggs off her hands. I am hoping to do more baking this week, so they will come in handy.

The yard is full of birds this morning. Cardinals, wood-peckers, robins, blue-jays, sparrows, mourning doves, mockingbirds, and red-winged blackbirds are all out trying to rustle up breakfast. Yesterday we saw a marsh rabbit twice and out in the creek we saw two herons, ducks and an egret eating fish. I never tire of watching the wildlife. I pause often throughout the day to gaze out the windows to quietly observe the goings-on out of doors.

Now it is time for me to rustle up breakfast for my own family, so I will close for now. Hope you have a lovely weekend!

2 comments:

Amy said...

I love the sound of the birds, just lovely. Hope you got rid of your migraine, my husband gets them occasionally too - they're killers.

Donna said...

Hope you're feeling much better today Sweetie!! Nothing like a bad headache!! hughugs