Friday, February 01, 2008

Grocery Savings

I've been reading up on using the deals from CVS drugstore as recommended by Crystal on her blog Money Saving Mom. I'm not entirely sure I understand it completely, but she said to start small....so I did. I purchased:

Two cans of C&S coffee - $4.00
Stayfree Clean pads and wipes - 10 count for $3.29
Two Colgate toothpaste - $5.49

Total Out of Pocket: $13.80

ECB's to use on my next visit: $6.29

I also received 2 other coupons for specific items - $4.00

Now on to the grocery store. I didn't have any coupons to use this week, but almost everything was purchased on sale or was B1G1 Free.

Grand Total: $190.25
Minus Reward Card Savings: $52.13
Total Out of Pocket: $133.95

We are a family of five and it also includes pet needs (we have one dog and three cats) and toilet paper. I am trying to slowly build a stockpile as Rhonda Jean suggested without busting the budget. So far, so good. :)
:: :: :: :: :: :: :: ::
Please pray for me. This cold and chest congestion I have is kicking my butt!
Thank you!

2 comments:

Peaceful Valley said...

Hope you are soon geeling better Tracy. I am into week 2 of my cold. Susan in SC

Ann said...

Prayers coming your way. Hope you feel better soon.