Friday, February 22, 2008

Feeling Chatty


photo source: Country Living

I love looking at pictures of homes with simple decor. They provide inspiration and ideas as I seek to simplify my own life and home. As I sort through all of our belongings, I am trying to keep only the things I love and that are useful. I want clear spaces and nothing beyond furniture taking up floor space. I am weeding out the excess and each da
y my load gets a little lighter.

We went out to Bike Night last night and met up with our neighbors and another couple. Alfred had everyone laughing with his story-telling. He exaggerates so! We won a door prize once again, so our winning streak continues!



It rained all day long yesterday - but we saw the coolest thing. Out in the creek there were six egrets fishing for food. Six! We've never seen more than two at one time. They look so skinny and odd, but when they take off you see what huge wing spans they have. We thought that was pretty neat.

Today I have no where to go. It's a good thing too because we're supposed to get lines of thunderstorms with the possibility of hail and strong winds. I have plenty to keep me busy indoors. After I clean, I will work on the walls in the hallway and hopefully will be able to move into the living room/kitchen area by tomorrow.

With that said, I am off to get a jump start on my day before the kids get up. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

Donna said...

Congratulations on the win! It's good to see you having fun!!

Lady Laurie said...

I am finding I like a less "busy" look as well...cool that you won another door prize!!