Sunday, February 17, 2008

Birds and Blooms

I bought cracked corn and suet for the birds and squirrels and put it out for them yesterday. I noticed that the water level is up in the creek when I walked to the edge of our property. We have had quite a few woodpeckers visiting the past couple of days. They often stay high up in the trees, but lately they have been on the ground and low in the trees searching for food.

We had a good thunderstorm come through today. I love listening to the rain on the roof and the thunder roll. I laid in bed listening before dozing off for a bit. We still have gusty winds, blowing the trees to and fro. But all is well. We are safe and snug indoors.

I am considering subscribing to Birds & Blooms magazine. The girls and I love flowers and bird-watching, so it will be useful and informative. It would also be a great homeschool resource. I didn't know until today but there is an monthly newsletter, too, that you can have delivered to your inbox.

Alfred worked up a plan for building me a back deck this summer. Eventually we will cover it and screen it in...the mosquitoes are ferocious here! But it will be a nice place to sit and look out upon the creek and observe the wildlife.

Well, my time is up. I need to get back to cleaning and decluttering. Hope you are having a good weekend!

3 comments:

Sharon Kay said...

I am sure that the days are counting down to the day that your new home will be ready for your family.

Amy said...

It's Monday here, I think we are nearly a day ahead of you but yes I too love the sound of rain on the roof especially at night, it helps me sleep :-)

Donna said...

My friend subscribes to Birds & Blooms and loves it. Beautiful picture!! Have a great day!