Friday, January 18, 2008

This and That


We both won door prizes (Harley coffee cups) at Bike Night, but I didn't draw Alfred's name this time. We met up with two other married couples that we know and had the best time. I know I say that every week, but it is the highlight of our week. The picture above is Alfred's Harley. :)

Today I will be cleaning the house. In this post, Bella asked her readers why they clean and their favorite ways of cleaning. I clean because I can not stand chaos. Clutter is depressing to me and I can't think clearly. So I clean to keep my sanity and to create loveliness in my home.

As a child, I always kept my room orderly voluntarily. From time to time, I'd rearrange the furniture and all my treasures to give my room a fresh new look. I took great satisfaction in my creations.

I love to clean with my favorite music turned up. I sing along and have been known to dance while I work. But sometimes, I like to work in solitude when there is more serious work to do such as scrubbing or decluttering. It is freeing to release clutter. It is cleansing to my soul to scrub, polish and shine.

My home is by no means perfect. I have three children who are home all day since we homeschool and there are three cats and a dog who are part of our family, too. Pet hair is the bane of my existence!

Kendall is planning to scrape the ceiling in his bedroom this afternoon and I may work on the hallway and the kids' bathroom, for they are small areas that I can handle on my own.

All that will be left to do is the laundry room which is small, the girls' bedroom, my bedroom, and the kitchen/living room area which is all open. Still a lot of work to do, but bit by bit we'll get it done.

1 comment:

Donna said...

Lord...you're organized!!like the bike!!