Wednesday, January 09, 2008

A Simple Life

To find the universal elements enough; to find the air and the water exhilarating; to be refreshed by a morning walk or an evening saunter... to be thrilled by the stars at night; to be elated over a bird's nest or a wildflower in spring - these are some of the rewards of the simple life. ~John Burroughs

My thoughts as of late have turned towards simplicity. I've made a conscious decision to simplify every area of my life. Over the next 12 months, I plan to let go of all of the excess that weighs me down, so I can greater appreciate the abundance I already have.

This will require a radical change in thinking because it is going against the norms of today's society. We are bombarded to spend money we don't have to be something we are not. But I can't think of anything more rewarding than striving to achieve debt-freedom, making our home a cozy, comfortable haven by the fruit of my own hands, and living a life rich in experiences instead of things.


You have succeeded in life when all you really want is only what you really need. ~Vernon Howard

2 comments:

Donna said...

Simplicity is the great "lens" on life. You can just "see" better without the clutter. Have a wonderful day!

Donna said...

PS- Come to my site and pick up a copy of an award I'd like you to have...Your blog is a must read and enjoyable..daily for me! LOL Have fun today!