Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Redoing the Master Bath


I've been hard at work scraping the ceiling in my bathroom. What a messy job and the work is not even done yet! I can already tell I am going to be sore tomorrow. My arms are not used to being extended for hours working overhead. However the results will be worth it!

I can't wait to pick out paint colors and begin painting. I'm considering using burgundy on the walls with white ceilings and trim. My accent colors will be pink, white, and sage green. Ah, but I am getting ahead of myself.

First, I have to finish cleaning up my mess - which is a job in itself. Then I can streamline my belongings to create a cozy spa feeling when all is said and done. Then it's on to the next room...

6 comments:

Nonnie said...

i am in the same process! i started with a new duvet....and the next thing i know, i am pulling down wallpaper....and it has been a mess....i've been working on it for 3 days now...arms up in the air...and i probably have another day left! but like you, i am excited for what lies ahead...to me it is therapy, my outlet...and then i am off to the next room also! good luck with your project.

Nonnie said...

i can relate to your post! i started with a new duvet in our master bedroom and the next thing i know, i've had my arms up in the air for three days pulling down old wallpaper! but, like you, i am excited for what lies ahead....and it is my outlet, so i enjoy the whole process (except for the clean up):)
good luck with your new vision!

Mrs. Staggs said...

This is a good time of year for projects isn't it? I've been thinking about doing some painting too.
I think the plans for decorating your bathroom sound lovely Tracy.

Ann said...

I feel your pain! Years ago (the 80's) we had to scrap our house of 6 or 7 layers of old wallpaper. The ceiling too. It was hard work. You'll like it when your done and feel satisfied with the hard work you put into it.

Lady Laurie said...

The colors you selected sound very pretty ~ I bet it will look lovely when you are done!

joan said...

It sounds so pretty. You will have to show us all a photo of the finished product. I used to do all of the painting and wallpaper and stuff but just can't do it anymore. My body just ain't what it use to be.