Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Home


On his own initiative, Kendall scraped the ceiling in his bedroom last night. Now I need to get a few supplies, so we can prime the ceiling, tape and mud the walls, and then paint. Our neighbors gave us a big bucket of joint compound and white paint for our project.

I have a large list of projects that I want to complete as we have the time and means available, both indoors and out. I am learning a lot as I tackle these projects and I don't mind the physical work. It's exciting to see progress being made and watching the transformation as it unfolds!

It is the same with homemaking. The chaos turns to calm and soothing as I clean and scrub. My spirit lifts as I sort and purge. My creativity returns as I putter and make things pretty. I find joy and satisfaction in a job well done.

"A good home must be made, not bought."
~Joyce Maynard

4 comments:

Lady Laurie said...

I have been up to my elbows in mud for the last month, I don't envy you the job! It will be nice when it is done, and I think you do get more satisfaction when doing things yourself.

Felicia said...

All your work will be worth it in the end :)

bella said...

We are clearly on the same page lately. :)
there is nothing like it, is there?
the bliss and clarity of working in the home, seeing things transform.

Donna said...

Glad all your hard work is paying off!! And I love the picture on your post!! Beautiful...