Thursday, January 10, 2008

In the Garden


With a few flowers in my garden, half a dozen pictures
and some books, I live without envy.
- Lope de Vega

I dreamed of the flower gardens I could create while browsing through the pages of the Michigan Bulb Co. seed catalog last night. I envision flowers bursting with color, set off by green grass and blue skies, adding interest and beauty to our yard's bare landscape.

With my hands I dig in the fertile soil as the sun is beating on my back. I wipe the sweat from my brow and stop to take a break in the shade. The ice cubes clink against the glass of lemonade that I sip. I am alone with my thoughts in the garden. It's time to get back to work.

At the end of the day, I stand back and look at the progress made. The physical labor, fresh air, sunshine, and solitude have cleared my head and restored my weary soul. I feel at one with nature.

All is well.

2 comments:

miss*R said...

*follow your dreams, they are the inspiration of your heart*

Tracy, dreams do come true xoxo

Donna said...

Beautiful!!....Says So much doesn't it..Have a happy night!