Saturday, January 05, 2008

Grocery Savings


I did pretty good saving at the grocery store this week. There were a lot of great deals and several meat items were Buy 1, Get 1 FREE. Since my order was over $75, I was able to use a $10 store coupon. I also had a coupon for a gallon of free milk ($4.19). I bought most everything on sale. I got 2 jars of Peter Pan Peanut Butter for FREE (they were $1 each and I had two $1 coupons!). I also was able to buy four boxes of General Mills cereal ($15.26 reg. price) for only $8 (the sale price was $2.50 each and I had two $1 coupons for 2 boxes).

Total: $154.04

Saved: $66.08 (with reward card & coupons)

Total Out of Pocket Expense: $87.96

That is a savings of approximately 43%!

2 comments:

Donna said...

What a savings! I've just gotten lazy about saving the coupons..I'd better get in gear!! lol Have a great day!

Michelle said...

I wish we had some sort of coupon system in Australia it sounds like a great way to save money.
Food is very expensive in Aus and will get more expensive as the price of oil continues to rise.
Makes having a vegie garden a real neccessity.