Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Frigid


"If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant; if we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome."
~ Anne Bradstreet

The weather is positively frigid this morning. As I write, it is 29 degrees and the wind is blowing from the bitter north. Old Man Winter is making his presence known. We're expecting a hard freeze tonight with the temperature dropping to 16 degrees! I feel for those who have to work out in the elements and for the birds and animals in the woods.

I am looking forward to the warmer, sunshiny days of Spring where I can throw the windows open wide and working out in the garden. The bare landscape transforms and the Earth comes alive in vivid color. I have noticed that we are beginning to have a little more daylight with each passing day. Spring is on its way, slowly but surely!


2 comments:

Donna said...

It's cold here to with lows in the 20's for tonight. BUT, by Saturday, it'll be in the 70's!!! Another wave of sicknesses coming because of it! Stay warm!!

Lady Laurie said...

I''m with you Tracy, I can't wait til' spring!! I am not much of a cold person, and it is just too cold right now!!