Sunday, January 06, 2008

The First Ride


I finally had my first motorcycle ride! It wasn't as bad as I expected, but I was a little nervous on taking the curves. I expect it will get better as time goes by and I grow more comfortable riding with my man - who looks hot in his chaps, Harley shirt and shades! *smile*

On today's ride, I had no choice but to go with the flow - which is so not me! I've never been a risk-taker. I've always played it safe and retained at least some control - out of fear. Fear of getting hurt (physically or emotionally), rejection, of not being good enough, and of what others would think.

In turn, I've lived my life standing on the sidelines watching others do things I wish I were brave enough to try. Fear has been the controlling factor for most of my life. Now, I am ready for change. Slowly, but surely, I am facing my fears one by one.

I am growing.

I am LIVING.

4 comments:

Amy said...

Isn't it wonderful? There's something about riding along feeling the wind blowing right through you.

Donna said...

How wonderful for you!!! There's Almost nothing like a great "ride" on a beautiful day...let your hair down and have fun with it!!

Lady Laurie said...

I am proud of you Tracy!! I share many of those same feelings, and fears. I think 2008 will be your year!!

Michelle said...

Warning!! You will soon become addicted to the exhilaration and feeling of freedom from being on a bike.
The feel of the Harley beneath you, your man in front of you and the wind in your face is second to none.
Enjoy and be safe.
Cheers, Michelle.
(a fellow bike chick from down under :)