Monday, January 14, 2008

Feeling Abundant


I've had a busy day so far and I'm running out of steam. After tidying the house this morning, we ran by the post office and I dropped Kendall off at work. Then it was off to the beauty salon to get a much needed hair cut. I feel so much better! Next, it was a stop at the dollar store, laundromat, and grocery store. Whew - I'm beat!

I found some great bargains at the dollar store. I had been eyeing the cutest Christmas plates back in December, only to find them on clearance today for 25 cents each! I also got a fabric poinsettia tablecloth for $1.50 and a Martha Stewart DVD (Martha's Homemade Holidays) for $3.00!

Other things that make me feel abundant are: a well-stocked pantry and freezer; good candles, flowers; a full tank of gas in the car; listening to music I love; a stack of good books on my bedside table; beautiful art; line-dried laundry; laughter; stretching my body; plump pillows and cozy throws; dancing; comfy shoes to wear; a walk on the beach and each breath I take.

It is the joy de vivre.
Joy of Living!

Abundance is a state of mind. One can have all the money in the world, and yet be miserable. Or one could have very little in the way of riches, but enjoy the simplest things in life to the utmost. It is important to take what you have and to make the most of it.

To continue to learn, love, grow, be creative and make lemonade out of the lemons life hands you - that is what an abundant life is made of.

3 comments:

joan said...

Great deals Tracy! I love your attitude on life!

miss*R said...

Tracy, you really do sound full of the joy of life! wonderful...
I am going to sit and discover what makes me feel abundant... it is kind of like being grateful and content too, I guess.

Donna said...

Your post today is so true..I once made eye contact with a street person. Traffic everywhere, people, etc...yet, when she looked at me, she smiled. I've Never forgotten the moment. One minute she's there, next..she's gone. Have a wonderful day sweetie.