Saturday, January 19, 2008

Books on My Nightstand


Simple Abundance by Sarah Ban Breathnach

Romancing the Ordinary by Sarah Ban Breathnach

Raising Lifelong Learners: A Parent's guide by Lucy Calkins with Lydia Bellino

The Unschooling Handbook: How to Use the Whole World as Your Child's Classroom by Mary Griffith

Not Buying It: My Year Without Shopping by Judith Levine

Women Who Run With Wolves by Clarissa Pinkola Estes

and

Succulent Wild Woman: Dancing with Your Wonder-full Self by Sark
***
I am passionate about books. I love the written word. Reading is a pleasant past-time that nourishes my soul. I could easily spend hundreds of dollars at the bookstores, but I feed my passion by frequent trips to the library instead. It is much friendlier on the budget!

What books are you reading?

"Let your bookcases and your shelves be your gardens and your pleasure-grounds. Pluck the fruit that grows therein, gather the roses, the spices, and the myrrh."
~Judith Ibn Tibbon

4 comments:

miss*R said...

I have quite a few books on my nightstand... mostly self help books! ha!
I do have women who run with the wolves but have put it away as i found it a little heavy after the first introduction.. maybe oneday I will read it.

Donna said...

Rhett Butlers People...It's suppose to tell His side of things. It's already starting out with a "bang"! lol
Have a happy Sunday!

joan said...

Hi Tracy,

I think books must be on everyone brains these days because I am also planning on doing a post on books this weeks and a lt of other blogs have posted about books. I just got done reading Karen Kingsbury's Between Sundays. I highly recommend her books. The one book you have called my year without shopping sounds interesting.

Karla (Grace) said...

I have all of Sarah Ban Breathnach's books I'm working through. The Loved Dog by Tamar Geller. It's All Too Much by Peter Walsh and many more.