Thursday, December 20, 2007

What We've Been Up To

With Alfred on vacation this week, we've simply enjoyed being together as a family watching Christmas movies, drinking hot cocoa, and marveling over the changing weather - one minute it's warm enough for shorts and opening up the windows and then it's cold and rainy.

Do I have it all together this Christmas season? Not at all! I have managed to send out my Christmas cards (which are usually late), but I have yet to wrap the first gift. I finally bought the kids' stocking stuffers yesterday. Oh well...it will all be done by Christmas morning!

Alfred bought my Christmas gifts today. He already gave me one of them - a cool pair of burgundy sunglasses by Harley Davidson....similar to these:
My other gift is from the Harley Davidson store, too, but I opted to wait until at least Christmas Eve to open it. ::smile:: I am hoping it is the beautiful shirt I saw when we were there!!

I've also been cooking up a storm this week. I finally tried making homemade macaroni and cheese and it was delicious! I will never buy the boxed stuff again! I also made pancakes, homemade cinnamon rolls, homemade biscuits with country gravy. You name it - most everything was made from scratch this week!

I hear thunder rumbling, so I will close for now. Hope you're enjoying the holiday season with your loved ones!

2 comments:

homespun living said...

Sounds like a very nice family week; and what a lot of good cooking & baking going on!
My cards just went out, and I have yet to wrap gifts also. Right now, I'm in the middle of cookie baking...
Merry Christmas!

Deb

Ann said...

I received my Christmas card today! Thanks so very much for thinking of me. Mine are in the mail. I was a little late myself this year but I like getting cards between Christmas and New Year's so I hope others do too! I hate it when some think the holiday ends after Christmas day. I try to make it last and last! Have a wonderful weekend. I'll peek in and see if you've been up to anything else. The cooking sounds good. Yummy!