Friday, December 28, 2007

This and That

Yesterday morning I received a call from the store my son was buying a pocket bike (mini motorcycle) from to meet the owners at the store. So we did. My son had paid $252 on a $702 bike he had on layaway, but the owners gave us the bike because they were closing down the store!!

Alfred bought a Harley Davidson motorcycle on December 22nd and they delivered it to him yesterday. It's a beauty and he was thrilled to be able to finally ride it. I can't wait until the weather warms up so I can ride along!

Mama spent the day with us. She brought along her new metal detector to see if we could find any treasures in the yard. We found a coin from 1949 that says it's 5 francs and what I believe to be a brass candle holder (it needs a good cleaning for me to be sure).

I saw a huge opossum in the yard the day before yesterday. He was eating the bread crumbs we'd scattered for the birds and was so close to the house. It was still daylight, too!

I have been doing cross-stitch in the evenings after dinner. I have finished 2 small projects and have begun working on a third. This one will take some time, but I am in no hurry. My goal is to finish all of my unfinished cross-stitch projects over the next year.

I have just finished decluttering my desk. It's amazing how fast paper clutter accumulates! I am still trying to get the house back in order after Alfred being on vacation and with the holidays. These things will be tackled bit by bit.

I will sign off for now. I have some home duties to attend to before we leave to go visit with Mama, my sisters, and my aunt who is driving out for a visit. Hope your day is a good one!

1 comment:

Peaceful Valley said...

Tracy - What a wonderful gift your son received from the store owners! You will have to post your stitching projects for us to see! Happy Holidays!! Susan in SC