Tuesday, December 04, 2007

My Thoughts on Home-Caring


We are a one-income family, but that doesn't mean I do not work. I may not earn a paycheck, but my job is just as important as my husband's. I can make or break my family by my diligence, or lack thereof, in all matters of home-caring and with my attitude.

Home-caring is more than just mindlessly taking care of menial tasks. It is a huge responsibility to keep everything running smoothly. There is cleaning to be done, meals to prepare, careful planning and shopping to stay within our budget, and tending to the needs of my husband and children. And that's just the tip of the iceberg!

Anyone can speed-clean a house, but to make home-caring meaningful, you have to put your heart into it and go the second mile. A homemaker works diligently to transform her humble home into a cozy haven for herself and her family. She adds touches of beauty to her home. The home is fresh, clean, and organized. There is always something delicious to nibble on.

Home-caring is a homemaker's love in action. With each yummy meal prepared, she shows her love. When taking care of her sick child, she shows her love. When she comforts and encourages her loved ones, she shows her love. Love is the glue that holds her home and family together.

I don't understand the reasonings today that homemakers are too lazy to do anything with their lives or that in order to survive you need to be a two-income family. If you are trying to keep up with the Joneses, then you would most certainly need two incomes. It's all about choice. You choose what is important to you.

I have chosen to be the heart of my family....to make our home a peaceful refuge, to raise my own children and to ensure that we live well on my husband's income. I am constantly learning new things and my work is varied. When I need to take a break, I take one. When my family needs me, I am available. I am my own boss. My time is my own...and I wouldn't have it any other way.

6 comments:

Sacred Suzie said...

Oh this post means so much to me! In a time period that looks down on anything home-related, it's wonderful to find another woman writing about the importance of taking care of her home. Homemaking is about being the heart of the family. You create a place of solace and peace! And it's work. If someone doesn't think it's work, they've never really cleaned a home before.

Amy said...

I absolutely agree with you. Before I started work I was a full time homemaker and raised my children until the youngest was 7 years old. It really is a 24 hour a day 7 day a week job and the most fulfilling I've ever had.

Joanne said...

This is a beautiful post Tracy!
Hugs, Joanne

Mrs. June Fuentes said...

Great post!

Many blessings...

joan said...

Good post Tracy! I was home for 17 years and don't regret a minute of it.

Mrs. Staggs said...

Hi Tracy,
This is a well written and thoughtful post. Once my son was born, I chose to stay at home too, and I'm very grateful I had that choice. Some women, really and truly don't, for a number of reasons, and I imagine that they are doing the best that they can. I've known a couple of young women whose husbands died very young, when they're children were just babes. Imagine doing all the things that you do without a partner helping you. We really are very fortunate.