Tuesday, November 06, 2007

This and That...



A cold front is headed our way. The temperature tonight will be 38 degrees. I think a nice pot of chicken and dumplings is in order for dinner!

I am currently reading The Far Side of the Loch by Melissa Wiley and ran across a couple of nice quotes. (This book is the second in the series called The Martha Years and is part of the Little House on the Prairie collection.)

To Martha's complaint of having to embroider handkerchiefs....

"Mum smiled. "Aye, but it's pleasing to God when we strive to add beauty to the world, even in small ways."

On doing jobs you hate....

"Me mither says it's how ye go about doin' the jobs ye dinna like that counts. She says if ye're doin' something ye hate, but ye act like ye're havin' the time o' your life, why soon ye'll find ye're not pretendin' after all--ye really are enjoying yourself."

Well it's time for me to go get ready for my morning walk, so I will close for now. Hope you have a wonderful day and thanks for visiting!

3 comments:

Grace @ Rose Cottage Lane said...

We have a cold front headed our way too, chicken and dumplings does sound like the perfect meal right now!

Love those quotes - great reminders for me today as I'm sorting paperwork to close out or business - something I've been procrastinating on for some time.

Sacred Suzie said...

That meal sounds amazing! I love dumpling but my husband doesn't, maybe I'll make some while he is away?

I hope you had a lovely walk Tracy!

Deb said...

Hi Tracy, sounds like a perfect dinner. It is chilly and gloomy here today.
Love the quotes!