Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Thanksgiving Every Day

The Thanksgiving holiday is celebrated on the fourth Thursday of November every year. It is a day to give thanks for the abundance in our lives, usually surrounded by loved ones enjoying a traditional turkey dinner with all of the trimmings. But what would happen if we celebrated Thanksgiving every day of our life?

Since May I have kept an online gratitude journal to record the blessings in my life. Some days it's easier to come up with a list of things to be thankful for than on other days, but it has caused me to become more mindful of even the smallest things that bring joy and beauty to my life. So in honor of the Thanksgiving holiday, I will share a few reasons why I am thankful today.

~ I am thankful for being married to Alfred for 15 years. I've spent nearly half of my life with him! And I still think he is as handsome, strong, and wonderful now as I did the day we married.

~ I am thankful for my close relationship with my Mama and my siblings (especially two of my sisters, Shelly & Laura). They are not just family, but friends, too.

~ I am thankful for my three children who remind me daily to never lose my sense of wonder, to take time to play and laugh daily, and have a childlike faith that things will work out for our good in the end.

~ I am thankful for our humble little home that protects and shelters us. I strive to make it as cozy and comforting as I can...a safe haven from the outside world.

~ I am thankful for the nature that surrounds us. Watching the seasons change. Catching a glimpse of various wildlife. Bird-watching. Butterflies. Connecting with Mother Nature as I tend to my yard and feed the wild animals.

~ I am thankful that Alfred willing works to provide for our family so I can concentrate on the business of managing our home, providing love and comfort for my family, and creating an enriched environment for our children.

This is just a short list of the things I am thankful for. What are you thankful for today?

2 comments:

Sacred Suzie said...

I love your blog and your sacred perspective on taking care of your home and family. This is so rare. You make me feel warm inside knowing I am doing a good job taking care of my home. Today I am grateful for you blog.

Ann said...

What a lovely list! I'll have to work on mine too. I'm thankful to be home again! Have a very Happy Thanksgiving and don't eat too much!