Monday, November 12, 2007

Little Luxuries


Periodically, I will post little luxuries. Little Luxuries are meant to bring more joy and beauty to homemaking and in the life of the homemaker. If you have to do a job, you may as well make it as pleasant as possible!

~ Find pretty spray bottles in your favorite color for your homemade cleaners.

~ Use lavender linen spray on your bed linens.

~ Use a small notebook to jot notes to yourself in pretty designs such as floral, polka dots, etc.

~ Use a sleep mask to block out light during afternoon naps.

~ Make freshly squeezed orange juice on the weekend when you're not so rushed.

~ Eat a small piece of dark chocolate with a cup of tea for an afternoon pick-me-up.

~ Light yummy scented candles to cozy up a room on chilly evenings.

3 comments:

Ann said...

I like the chocolate idea! I like to take a warm bath with the bathroom light only by candles. A delightful treat! I have a new haircut and hair color. I was a little apprehensive on the color but it's growing on me. And I love the cut.

Sacred Suzie said...

There is such a wonderful delicate and luxurious nature about your blog Tracy. When I come here I feel like I've gone to a spa, it's wonderful. Thank you for inspiring me to take good care of myself. I've been using a sleep mask every night for years! What a difference it makes.

joan said...

These are really great ideas and such small things really to give yourself a pick me up. I liked what Suzie said about your blog also, she's right on the mark. And I never seen your list of what you are reading before so i'm going to check it out now. Like I need another book to add to my nightstand. LOL