Monday, November 26, 2007

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas


(Picture used courtesy of Better Homes & Gardens)

Last night, the kids trimmed the Christmas tree while we watched Elf on TV. I love to see their bright, happy faces as their excitement grows during the holiday season. On December 1st, I'll hang the advent calender. It's a first for us, but I know the kids will love it as they count down the days until Christmas morning.

I have shopping to do this week. Not just for Christmas, but for Kayla's birthday. She'll turn 11 on Wednesday, but we're having her birthday party Friday night. She has decided upon cupcakes instead of a regular cake this year. I have an idea of what I want to give her, but I have to wait until Thursday night to shop when Alfred can be here with the girls.

The weather here changes so frequently! It's been quite chilly the past several days, but by last night it was warmer than it had been yesterday morning. Soon after, the rain began and we had to turn on the AC to cool things off a bit. We have a saying around here - if you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes and it will change. *smile*

As always, I have cleaning and laundry to do. Learning along side my kids and exercise, too. There are cookies to bake and meals to prepare. All to be done with tender-loving care. May the week ahead be blessed!


8 comments:

Lady Laurie said...

Two of my children were born in December ~ the 17th and 25th (yep Christmas). We usually had their birthday parites (when they were younger) several weeks earlier!
I hope to do some baking today ~ at least make up some sugar cookie dough to bake later.
Have a great Monday!

Sacred Suzie said...

There are a lot of birthdays for me around Christmas too, five to be exact and it makes shopping that much more daunting.

I think cupcakes are the new thing for birthdays now and I think that's great, kids love to have smaller versions that are individually made like that. So cute. You could even make mini cupcakes using mini muffin tins, LOL. That was be even cuter, although a lot more work!

Good luck with the shopping and baking. :)

bella said...

New to your blog/s and I love your magical way of seeing the world.
We just finished decorating our tree last night and I love sitting in the dark night watching the lights glow, smelling deep the pine.

kaliblue said...

It's one of the most wonderful times of the year isn't it? :-).
Have a wonderful evening!!

joan said...

Sounds like you are making wonderful memories with your kids. We are getting our tree this week, so I hope to have it up by the weekend. Isn't Elf funny? I laugh everytime I watch it. Have a great week!

Ann said...

What a nice way to spend an evening. Happy Birthday to Kayla today. I did advent calenders with my kids when they were young adn we also did a paper chain. It helped to count down the days. I hope you have a lovely evening with your now 11 year old.

Shabby Cottage Boutique said...

I live by the sea too and most of my artistic inspiration is from the ocean.Denise

miss*R said...

Tracy, it has been raining here on and off for a month.. it is cold and chilly today, the first of December, the first day of summer.

I just cannot get into christmas yet.. so, I am celebrating in my very own way this year!
Love the picture of your tree!
hope your daughter enjoyed her special day xoox